5S Both Versions – Sort, Set In Order/Straighten, Shine/Sweep, Standardize, Sustain
5S is the foundation of continuous improvement activities. The 5 S’s of Kaizen Poster summarizes and defines the 5 S’s in one poster. We have included both Versions of the 5S terminology.
This poster was designed to be used with our Classic Kaizen Workshop Solution Package. This poster will improve your effectiveness as a facilitator and serve as a beacon to sustaining Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives.
The poster comes with a UV Film Coating to protect against dust and grime, fading due to light exposure, and oil from finger marks. We also offer a set of poster hangers and rails for each poster. This option allows the trainer / facilitator to display the visual tool without damaging the poster.
- Full Color Poster
- Size: 22 X 28
- Sort – Sorting is a step that involves selecting what you need to complete the job and removing everything else from your work area.
- Set In Order / Straighten – This step customizes your workstation and surrounding area to meet your work area needs. Arrange remaining items so they are easy to select, use, and return to their proper location.
- Shine / Sweep – This step is powerful because its purpose is to find the reason why things become dirty. Emphasis is on the removal of dust, dirt, and grime to reveal the source and eliminate it.
- Standardize – This step creates a work area free of checklists; if good standards are put in place it will be easier to maintain and continue improving.
- Sustain – Sustaining is the end result of how well we have performed the previous four S’s. In the sustainability stage, think of ways to eliminate effort in maintaining an area.